Introduction

 At what point do we lose our humanity?

Is it when we our soul leaves our body? Do we cease to be human at that time? What if our body continues on living without it’s original soul, and you (your spirit) is forced out having to wander the planet?

These are all questions that I would love to know the answers to, as I find myself living in that particular situation.

My name is Layla Sanders. I would say that up until a little over a year ago my life was considerably normal. I grew up in a happy home, graduated top of my class in high school and college and landed a great job as a computer programmer and software engineer shortly after graduation.

I wouldn’t say that I was ever a very spiritual person. I attended church services every Sunday as a kid mainly because my parents made me go. As an adult I made a point to at least attend a service at the local Methodist church of where ever I was living for at least Christmas and Easter, but devout would not a word anyone could use to describe me. I know the basics of Christianity and do believe that there is a greater force than myself out there, but the idea of spirits and souls has never been in the forefront of my mind. Well, until recently.

So back to my questions - at what point do cease to be you? Is it when your spirit no longer inhabits your body? Before yesterday I would have said that was true, and in order for my spirit to leave my body, I would have assumed that my body was dead. Well my body is alive – Sort of. Its being drugged and kept tied down in a mental hospital in downtown Charleston, SC. Problem is, I am not in Me. Confused yet? Welcome to my world. I currently reside, exist, or whatever my state can be described as, in a stray grey cat I have named Todd.

No real reason for the name, just have always liked it. It was the name of the first boy I ever kissed, but I digress. In order for me to explain how I came to be a part of Todd, I need to take you back a little over twenty-four hours ago; back when I was still somewhat in control of my body.



No comments:

Post a Comment